1. Read, Read, Read - Here is my stack of books for vacation. It still looks a little small to me. If only that darn Barnes and Noble would start sending more coupons my way. I plan to read a whole lot of just for fun books.
2. 10,000 Steps a Day - This little bracelet is hopefully going to keep me moving. It's an Up by Jawbone and my goal is a minimum of 10K steps per day. I've been using it this last week and I have to admit it's harder than I thought it would be. I figured, "Oh, I'm a teacher, I'm on my feet all day." Yep, but no, on your feet all day doesn't translate into as many steps as I thought it would.
3. Clean out the office closet - Seriously? How did it get like this?
4. Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Tomatoes - I usually just go down to the greenhouse and buy my tomato starts, but this year we are trying to grow San Marzano tomatoes. So we started them from seeds and finally put them in the garden last week. I couldn't bring myself to leave out a single plant, so I have 95 tomato plants out there. I think I will be canning my days away. However, if all goes well I will actually get to make a real Neapolitan pizza in my outdoor brick pizza oven. They have to be made with San Marzano tomatoes only. Mmmm, I can't wait to taste this pizza!
5. Vacation - This should have been #1. I cannot wait for our vacation. We are spending three, yes, three whole weeks on the beach where the biggest decision of the day is where to go to dinner. Stocking up on sunscreen and books!
7. Quilt - This fabric is so dang cute - I can't wait to start this quilt. It's for my youngest daughter. I just don't get any time for sewing during the school year. Plus my sewing room is down in the cool basement where it's the perfect thing for hot days.
8. Professional Development - Yes, I do have a few professional development plans. Number one on the list is to read this book:
Number two is a 3 day math training so that I can help facilitate staff training next year with an inquiry based approach.
9. New Orleans - I am looking forward to 5 days in the French Quarter without the kids. It's not often just the two of us get away. Blue crab, cajun mud candy and a little jazz - sounds so fun!
10. Sleeping in - This is going to be a no alarm clock summer. We will be staying up late to catch up on all the movies we missed during the year so don't call our house before 10 please!
Just writing this list increased my excitement for summer. What are you most looking forward to? I hope you have a great one!